According to Madam Pomfrey, thoughts could leave deeper scars than almost anything else
Countdown to the World Cup 2014: The Draw
Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon
Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia
Group C: Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan
Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy
Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras
Group F: Argentina, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria
Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA
Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, South Korea
Reblogging again because it’s so true.
An American’s thoughts on the USMNT’s chances in the Group of Death
After a few days of calming down, and letting my gut reactions settle, I figured I’d offer up a few semi rational thoughts on the draw from a US perspective.
1. It’s not a group of death and the USMNT, it’s a group of death partially because the USMNT is in it. The US was easily the best team in their pot. You probably couldn’t have said that the last few World Cups, and that alone is an improvement. (They’re not just the best team in the pot because Mexico is so awful right now, they’re legitimately a decent team on the World stage)
2. Germany is a top 4 team. I can’t even see Germany losing a single game in the group, and if you told me you had a time machine and Germany won this whole thing I wouldn’t be shocked. Germany should win out. That leaves 3 teams battling for 1 spot.
3. Ghana is just not as good as they have been. Michael Essien has taken a huge step back from what he once was. He was the backbone of Ghana and Chelsea for a while. They still have some quality players, but remember Ghana needed extra time to get past the US last World Cup, and this US team is better.
4. I’ve got good news, most of Portugal’s team kinda sucks. I’ve also got bad news, the part that doesn’t suck is named Ronaldo. That’s the hard part. Ronaldo can win or change a game all on his own. He can’t carry his team far enough to hoist the World Cup, but he can certainly take them out of the knockout stages.
Overall if the US can pick up at least 5 points, I think that pushes them through to the next round 4 points might even do it, especially if Portugal and Ghana drew vs each other. They can’t lose against Ghana, and they probably can’t win against Germany (a draw may be possible as Germany may want to hold back if they win their first two) So the US needs to take at least a point from Portugal. Do I think they can do it? Yes. Will they? We’ll just have to wait till the summer to find out.
Germany never holds back. They have been know to choke but never hold back. The World Cup is anybodys game and thats the beauty of it, all the stats and analyzation don’t mean anything because in 90 minutes anything can happen.
Marcello Mastroianni in 8 1/2 (Federico Fellini, 1963)
Italian title: Otto e mezzo
Natural Hair, Natural Beauty | via Tumblr on We Heart It - http://weheartit.com/entry/86978344
- be thin
- give birth
- cook for you
- have long hair
- wear makeup
- have sex with you
- be feminine
- be graceful
- be fashionable
- wear pink
- love men
- be the media’s idea of perfection
- listen to your bullshit
- have a vagina
This is very true, but it’s important to remember that if a woman is feminine, graceful, shaves, diets, wears make up, or does any of these things in the list, it doesn’t make her a slave to patriarchy or any less of a feminist than you.
"Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is." - Albert Camus
Turtles always be on a diet.
drum solo dreams
apps that shut off your music when you open them just how fucking important do you think you are
so this blog just followed me
and I was intrigued so i went to their blog and
it is all irons
I can’t fukcinfg deal with this tHERE IS AN IRON IN A TREE WTF
omg they follow me what do i do
I’m not anything like him.
And you see the heartbreak in Olivia. And how offended she is (though Olivia is more like Eli than Maya, though she does have a great deal of both of them in her).
To be a disappointment to someone you see as a god and have dedicated your life in her memory. Especially a mother. Nothing worse in the world. Nothing worse in the world.
Yeah, it’s so awful that this is the first conversation with her daughter and she seems to root out and pick on her worst insecurities.
Ugh, Olivia’s parents are the worst.
She cut her deeply. And Olivia doesn’t have that shield she grew with Rowan to protect her from it. She basically is calling her a monster to her face in a way and Olivia just crumbles a little.
And this is why she needed to hear from Fitz. Because her parents were fucking her up in so many ways. I do find it interesting that the two people she calls in this episode are the people she has named as most important in her life. Fitz and Huck.
i didn’t see it as her mother rooting and picking at her. i think it’s reasonable to be disappointed when your child has chosen a career and power over happiness, joy and love
i feel like it hurt Liv but it’s a truth she needed to hear. working so hard not to be like him, she became just like him. it’s a tale many can relate to. working so hard to be nothing like our parents, only to be reflections of them
"Anti-fascism stencil in the streets of Coimbra, Portugal."
Page 1 of 218